Friday, January 7, 2011

Stylized Animals



My daughter owns these Wee Gallery Art Cards for Baby. She owns the Woodlands Collection.

I love the stylized animals and think it would be a fun opener activity to have out plastic animals, pencils, large sheets of white paper and black paint for students to create their own drawings similar to these.

We could discuss pattern and line thickness.



I own several of these Wild Republic Collection bags of animals that I purchased from our local zoo. The students I had at the time I purchased them made paper mache habitats for them. Students have stamped with their feet and used them for drawing exercises. They are the perfect size and realistic looking.

I make sure I know all the animals names before I take them in for students to work with. I have to know the difference between a jaguar and a cheetah. I also have to know where the tapir and okapi live, as well as what they eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment