Monday, March 19, 2012

Progress of a Personal Watercolor

Original photo that I can't figure out how to turn.

Drawing with the starting of watercolor for the eyes and mouth.

Textured background, skin color and pjs.

More details.

First shadow. So scary to paint with black over the majority of your painting!!!


More shadows over hand and background. Remove resist on eyes, nose, lips, and cheeks.






Finally, decided what to do with the background. Colored pencil details.



Darkening background.



Continuing to darken background.



Completed.



Tape removed.

I like how this completed image ended up. I feel like I am abusive to my paper with so many layers of paint and colored pencil. I would like to try a different style with no colored pencil and a lighter hand with the watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment