Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grid Self-Portrait





For these self-portraits, I took photos of the students. I printed the photo in black and white with a one-inch grid over the photo. I also drew a light pencil grid for each child. It worked well and I liked the results but it is very time consuming.

One young students felt too intimidated to try to draw on the grid; he could not write is own name yet. So he made a self-portrait out of clay and we put a photo of it in the show!


I would like to see the children do a photography self-portrait. I would also like these images printed and then try to have them draw the photography they took of themselves.

I think a self-portrait is always a great lesson. It is difficult to draw a person but it is even more difficult to face yourself and your own imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment